Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How could I show love for my country?

  What is a nationalist? a nationalist, is a person who believes in the superiority of their country over others. Being a Filipino, we have the trait of being nationalistic in our blood. We gained this trait during the time colonizers came to take over.

                                   (source: http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Nationalism/187423)
 Being nationalistic is one way to show love for your country but there are many very simple things that everyone could do to show love for the Philippines...

  Participate well during the flag ceremony and singing the National Anthem. It is a way to show that you respect your country, the people who fought for our country's freedom, and the Filipinos today.
  Follow the pledge to the Philippine flag that is said after singing the National Anthem. The pledge says a lot about one's love for his country and how you should embrace being a person from the Philippine nation.

'Panatang Makabayan' (English traslation)
I love the Philippines, the land of my birth,
The home of my people, it protects me and helps me
Become strong, hardworking and honorable.
Because I love the Philippines,
I will heed the counsel of my parents,
I will obey the rules of my school,
I will perform the duties of a patriotic citizen,
Serving, studying, and praying faithfully.
I offer my life, dreams, successes
To the Philippine nation.

  Appreciate Filipino culture. Our country has very rich culture,but, what was rich is now becoming poor because of our generation's fast modernization. One should see the beauty of our culture every once in a while. In the future, people will still want to explore our culture's beauty, so, we should also keep it alive.
  Patronize products made from our country. Our country's products have to do something with our culture, since, most of it has to do something with art. Even if I live in Philippines, whenever I go to other provinces and buy souvenirs I see how amazing people are because of
the handmade crafts and yummy foods. Yes, food, you'll have to love it. 
 
  Take care of the environment
by doing the 3Rs- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle- , throw your trash in the right places, saving energy. Make an effort to preserve the beauty of the country that is given the title 
'Perlas ng Silangan'.  
 
 And for me, the most important way to show one's love for his country...

   Be a Good Christian and a lover of God
. We should all be thankful to God for letting us be here today, having what we have, and being lucky to be a Filipino. God is good and has done so much, so, we'd have to repay Him by loving Him and being His good child.

   Don't ever forget to love your country, because it is where you were born and raised to be who you are now. 






7 comments: